When it comes to the optimal way to conduct a scan of your body, there are a few options to choose from. Here at the North Pittsburgh Imaging Specialists, we are proud to offer the best diagnostic imaging services available today. Last week, we covered the basics of how CT scans work. Today, we’ll cover the second installment of education with our look into MRI services. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scans are useful tools that help to paint an accurate picture of the status and health of the human body. MRI imaging differs from CT scans in that it utilizes radio waves in the place of x-rays. No matter the need, we have the right tools to give our patients the most comprehensive imaging services available!
The Science Behind Your Pittsburgh MRI Scans Part 1
North Pittsburgh Imaging Specialists
Why Use An MRI?
An MRI scan can be invaluable for providing specialists with vital imaging details. MRIs are commonly used to look for health issues such as injuries, aneurysms, and tumors. Additionally, this method is useful for giving specialists a more in-depth look at any problems found in one of our other imaging services. MRI scans can be beneficial for imaging in your:
- Brain. MRI imaging is vital for head scans. This technology is able to assist with problems with bleeding, nerve damage, and stroke symptoms. A major benefit of this machine is its ability to accurately illuminate brain tumors.
- Bones. An MRI can detail the characters of your skeletal system and the associated components such as nerves and tendons. Whether we need to diagnose arthritic issues, torn ligaments, or tumors residing in the bone, an MRI can typically tell all. This scanning process can also be helpful in observing the spine and any associated damages or illnesses.
- Chest. An MRI machine can properly view the heart and lungs. The imaging is detailed enough so that blood vessels are illuminated and inspected. Any coronary issues you have can be observed with an MRI scan.
- Abdomen. MRI is also useful for diagnosing any issues occurring in the midsection and pelvis. Many organs can be viewed in this section, including your liver, pancreas, bladder and kidneys. Uterine health can be checked for females as well as prostate scans for males.
- Circulation. Using a unique tool technique called a magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA), our specialists can illuminate blood vessels as well as circulation within the body. Contrast dye is also useful in this procedure. Circulation issues, such as blocked or damaged blood vessels, can be found and diagnosed with an MRI scan.
MRI services are often a top choice when a medical diagnosis is needed from a radiology method. Because of its utilization of radio waves as opposed to ionizing radiation, MRIs are typically preferred to CT scans to minimize the effects on long-term health.
Here at the North Pittsburgh Imaging Specialists, we are dedicated to offering top-notch services such as affordable MRI scans to bring the best medical practices to the Pittsburgh area. Our specialists utilize a number of proven techniques and practices to provide you with the most comprehensive imaging services available. Next time, we’ll look further into MRI scans and how they function. If you’re in need of a certified radiologist, don’t hesitate to contact us today!